Sculptor Hassan Hishmat carved a niche for himself as a pioneer and founder of an individual school of sculpture. Greatly influenced by the local environment Heshmat was the first Egyptian sculptor who cast mini porcelain statues, which were widely admired at home and in foreign countries in 1960. In 1984 the sculptor shifted his attention to small-size and monumental sculptures, and murals. Heshmat also distinguished himself by his impressive ceramics. His monumental sculptures, murals and ceramics are the landmarks of squares and institutions in Egypt and abroad.
The museum is opened at the artistís 1200-metre villa in Ain Shams district in Cairo. It was inaugurated in 1960 by the then Minister of Culture Tharwat Okasha. Its exhibits consist of 235 sculptures and ceramics. The artist wisely opened a properly-equipped workshop on the first floor. Eager to widen the cultural and artistic awareness of his young neighbours in the district Heshmat decided in 1998 to present the museum to the Ministry of Culture to expand its role in this respect.Hassa